Monday, November 9, 2009

H. . . O-M-E-C. . .O. . .M-I-N-G! It's Homecoming yall!



This weekend, Kayla and her daddy experienced their first UNC HomeKOming! I was so excited to be back in Chapel Hill where so many memories were created! Friday night we went to the stepshow where that KnockOut Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta took home 1st place. . .YET AGAIN! William was a bit surprised to be around this rowdy bunch of professional women who talked much trash about any and everyone who graced the stage at the stepshow, including the fraternities! He said I sure hope the Deltas bring it b/c yall are talking a whole bunch of trash. . .WELLLLLL. . .they did! And he had to give us credit! I mean we have a tradition, a reputation which leads to the expectation of putting forth NOTHING but the VERY BEST! We even got the chance to see his cousin Josh "perform" (LOL!!!!!)
Saturday we started off early for a full day! 1st stop. . .KO reunion! Where the ladies of 26 years of Kappa Omicron gather together to say "hey" and remember when, take pictures, and just plain ol' fellowship! After that. . .gotta meet back up with William for the official Black Alumni tailgate! It was at this point that the "cat" (or announcement of Kayla) was truly out of the bag! I hadn't/haven't made an official Facebook announcement about our new baby girl! So for some people it was like Heyyyyyyy.. . OMG I didn't know! But with Kayla in tow I made the rounds! Speaking to everyone from Divann and Dina (from Whitakers), Tamika my counselor at Carolina Summers during '96, to any and everyone from '97-'03. It was great! The BAR reunion festivities get bigger and bigger each year. So it's always exciting to see who decided to come back each year! Then after the tailgate, we got to hang out with Shayla in the fieldhouse using her VIP status until the football game. (Sidenote. . .I don't know if I'll ever be able to take William to a UNC game again w/o some type of perk. . .The Shayla status doesn't come every time). We then went to the football game where UNC was again able to maintain possession of the bell -- thus symbolizing the domination of Dook in Football! It was close game throughout! Lots of fun to watch. . .and even better being there admist that sea of Carolina blue!
Once we arrived back in Cary preparing to return to Gastonia, that's when Kayla decided to show that she'd had too much excitement for one day. I mean she was moving and doing her thing all day long. Not to mention at the football game, after every sip of hot chocolate, she'd jump or wiggle in excitement! She was busy. . .but I guess it was too much for her. . .or me! B/c by the time I finally sat down and laid my head back, exhaustion came over my body! It was crazy! One moment I'm sitting there just fine, and then the next I feel like a total WIPEOUT! I tried taking a 30 min nap but that wasn't enough. So we had to just cop a squat in Cary and head back home on Sunday. Sunday though I was better, I was still dog tired! And to think I didn't go to any of the parties/meet n greets after the step show or game! If I had gone to them I may not have been able to lift my head today!
All in all it was great! I was so happy to be with my friends, my girls, my peeps! I was so appreciative to my honey bunny for hanging with me. I was even more appreciative to William for buying Kayla's first picture outfit ;)!!!! She's got her 1st Carolina outfit! It's soooooooooooo cute! Sooooooooooo perfect! The Bible says to train up the child. . .that includes college! It's important to instill the necessity for a college education from the start. I mean in my family there was no other option. I didn't think otherwise, the natural progression in my mind was always high school, then college. So for me. . . I gotta take it one step further. . .gotta show her all about being a Carolina Girl! They're the best in the world! Of course her dad has another opinion about where she'll go to school. . .but she doesn't have any WSSU gear so far!


No comments:

Post a Comment