Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slip Ups. . .

So tonight, I experienced my 1st near slip experience. Now I have to go down a hill every day when I go to work. So I have envisioned myself having to avoid slipping down this hill many times in the upcoming months. . .due to either rain, leaves, or snow/ice. Well tonight as we left the Blake home going down the ramp, I slipped maybe a couple of centimeters and William almost lost his mind. After collecting his thoughts, he helps me to the car, sits down and then starts the lecture. (Oh yeah so now he's given his instructions for getting into my building at work) . . . after he finishes his lecture, he then proceeds to go call anyone he could think of to fuss me out. . .He calls my mother, his mother, his dad, my cousin, and gets a little frustrated b/c they sympathize with me the pregnany women without a center of gravity and extra pounds in the hips and the front and try to make sure that I'm okay. He calls errybody. . and gets mad when they don't stay on topic and lecture!!!! Then he calls Sister Patterson from church b/c she is ALWAYS on me at church to sit down, stay off my feet, don't pick anything/anyone up, etc etc etc. . .and what do I get. . .the lecture. And then she tells Brother Patterson (her husband) who also is gonna get me on Wednesday and Sunday as soon as he sees me!
So I slipped up. . .I understand, probably need to surrender my flats w/ the slick heel and convert to the flat flats with no heel. . .I know next time gotta put my hands on the rails.. .all that stuff. As Sister P also suggested, even though I LOVE taking care of my man, it's time to sit back and let him handle some things right now. . .ie no more lugging laundry up and down the stairs, taking the trash down. . .all that labor intensive stuff! I get it . . . 'nuff said! So as I sit here with my feet up. . .pillows propped behind my head and the remote in my hand. . .I'm gonna chill out! We'll see how long I can sit here. . .

It's 4 weeks to Thanksgiving, 8 weeks to Christmas! Whew where is the time going? It's reminding me of last year. This time last year I was planning a wedding and honestly December just got away from me. I don't think I made a single plan for the wedding in December. So much that my wedding planner thought I was mad or something. Well I had some family stuff going on with my aunt and I was out of the loop for real. This year. . .prayerfully no family issues will pop up. . .but before this year closes out. . .we've got some stuff to do! Gotta get ready for the big Wade-Gardin Thanksgiving shindig, decorate the house for Christmas, decorate the house for Kayla (ie her room, etc), Christmas shop (what little I plan to do). . . all while continuing to work, handle the church obligations with William, go on our "babymoon" before Kayla gets here. . . And this is the 3rd trimester!!! When they say the tiredness is gonna come back. So ummm. . .let's see!

William and I have gone on 3 dates in a week. Right now I'm really excited to spend quality time with just me and him b/c these moments may be few and far between. It's the little things that make it so much fun. After we dropped my mother off at the train station, we rode around Downtown Charlotte, looking/talking and then went to the movies, one night after I got off late we went and had a quick dinner at this nice restaurant that we both love, and Friday night we went to the movies again and saw MJ's This Is It! Nothing major just quality time! But tonight as I sit here on the bed, it's Milley's turn. I think internally she knows something is about to change b/c she's been all over William lately. She'll jump on the bed and just lay on him like please please please let me stay up here with you! She's spoiled and loves that man! So I can only imagine what Ms. Kayla is gonna do!

Oh well bedtime. . . good nite. .

No comments:

Post a Comment