Monday, October 26, 2009

Whew!!!. . .

So my mother was here for about 3 weeks "helping me out." But yesterday afternoon, we dropped her off at the train station for the Midnight Train to Georgia (or the 5:05 train to Cary. . .whichever works for you)! Now for 3 weeks William and I had grown accustomed to this wonderful help. The help with Milley, washing clothes, cooking dinner (or at least having the meat thawed out when I got home from work). . .all of that!
Well this morning, my husband continued his routine of getting up and out before the crack of dawn is even a thought, kissed me on the cheek and departed our humble abode! Then what happens, Miley starts barking. . .uh oh what's that noise! Let me call William to make sure he turned on the alarm. Well I got up finally at my somewhat usual time and got ready for another day at the JOB. Lately all I had to do was let Milley out the front door for a minute and keep it moving. This morning I had to let her out. . . Make sure she handled all her business, make sure she had enough food to make it through the day, put her in her crate and then get out of the house! Whew!!!! At that moment I fast forwarded in my mind a few years from now. When I could possibly have Kayla and Milley to attend to before leaving the house for work! Whew!!!! I was exhausted just thinking about it!
I finally made it to work . . . tired!!!!
Now fast forward to this evening! Got home, William had a jam packed day, so guess what . . .gotta walk Milley. I got that chick out of her crate and you'd think she was running in the Kentucky Derby . . .she took off! Ran around the upstairs, ran downstairs around the couch, through the front room, and then just proceeded to do laps! So I tried to let her outside the door like normal, of course she took off again. This time around the yard! Lord help me find that leash. So I FINALLY was able to put her on the leash and take her on a mini walk. You see she too had become spoiled with my mother here. She had lazy days w/o the crate, going in and out of the house. . .She had it made in the shade! So I finally get all that done. . .but what's next. . . Dinner!!!
Mind you at this point it's 7 pm. Here I am after a 10 hour day, basically being away from home for a total of 12 hours. . .I forgot to defrost SOMETHING ANYTHING in the freezer! What am I to do? All the while, my friend Jenn is having a good ol' time laughing at me, b/c it sounds hilarious on her end! So I piece some stuff together. . mesquite chicken breasts, Jambalya rice, some greens. . .HOPING in the end it will look appetizing/appealing to the eye some our stomachs can handle it! Pop it all on the stove, put the chicken in, let it simmer. . look at it 5 minutes later. . .Forget this. . Dinner's a bust. . .William can you bring us something home! It's just not gonna work! I'll do better tomorrow I promise. . .I just have to write myself a note to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment