Saturday, October 10, 2009

New Developments. . .Literally!

I work 10 hours a day 4 days a week! Lately though, my boss has been scheduling me with Mondays off and I work Tuesday thru Friday. By the time Thursday rolls around I'm already tired. . .and by Friday I am exhausted. So yesterday after a LONG week I still had to go to my hair appt. Previously, when I lived in St Louis, I only did Friday night hair appointments for about a year. I HATE going to the salon on Friday night. . .regardless of how long Shamira takes on my hair, I'm never the only one there on Friday night. But none the less I dragged on over the salon. Thankfully I was able to walk right to the shampoo bowl and pretty much got under the dryer immediately (Which I hated before the pregnancy and now I LOATHE the dryer!. . .I just can't take all that heat!) So I'm sitting under the dryer and somehow my shoes comes off. I mean this happens all the time now (I'm very comfortable being barefoot and pregnant these days. . .shoes get on my nerves) and I look down and what do I see. . .the beginning stages of CANKLES! My feet are swelling. . .not quite Cankles (calves and ankles running together) but they're big these days! Why. . .I'm not standing, I didn't walk alot. . .what's going on!

Then after making it thru my dreadful time under the dryer I finally get called to the stylist chair and sit down! YAY!! I'm gonna get out of here soon. So I'm sitting in the chair and then all of a sudden I start to feel these sudden sporatic urges to use the bathroom. Not hard but just small nudges "to go" b/c my bladder is not completely empty. But it's not the full feeling just a slight kick. . .then it dawns on me. . .She's kicking my bladder! What in the world! Just last week the ultrasound tech had told me that I wouldn't feel her move as much b/c of where my placenta is situated. . .but by the looks of the ultrasounds she's kicking up a storm all the time! Well Friday night and today she let me know that she likes to kick near the bladder! It's the weirdest thing! They don't hurt and it's not a "pressing" urge to go! But I didn't even get mad at her! I just kindly let her daddy know that I might invest in a bedside commode!!!

BTW. . .I was only in the salon for a total of 2 hours and 20 minutes. . . but on a Friday night. . .with all this going on, it felt like forever! I was out of the shop on my way to meet my hunny for dinner at exactly 8:21pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment