Monday, August 10, 2009

The Beat Goes On. . .

So today, when the heat index was well above 100 degrees, we trudged our way up 485 to see Dr. Bessent! I didn't have a clue as to what we were doing today. . . I mean all I know is the usual. Walk through the door, complete the hand scan to "id" me, then head to the bathroom for a urine specimen. So I go in, do the bizness. . .and head thru the next ritual.
Hop on the scale . . . what down 3 lbs. . .HOLLA!!! I was hyped, but I think I knew to expect this. You see, when you're pregnant your OB visit is kinda like a Weight Watchers weigh in. All my peeps who've done WW know the routine. Before you step on the scale, it's absolutely imperative that you, wear the same "light" outfit, no shoes, and MAKE SURE YOUR BLADDER IS EMPTY. I mean everyone knows this right, clothes and an empty bladder can add 1-3 lbs easily depending on the time of the year. So this time, I went in a sun dress and flip flops. . .and it worked! It's so nerve racking to go in there and try to tabulate in your head how many lbs you've gained since things started. So we go into the room to wait on the Dr. and she pulls out the machine to hear the heartbeat. I had no clue this was in store for today. But we heard it just as plain as day. William was glad he went to this appt. He kindly let me know that had he not been there that I would have needed to record it. . .go figure! But all the in all . .the beat goes on. . .no we're beating through the 2nd trimester! Woohoo. . .energy and antinausea (I hope) days should be here soon!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl! This will be one of the most exciting times of your life!

    La

    ReplyDelete